This blog is a positive but constructive atomosphere for Historical Black College and University(HBCU) alumni ,HBCU institutes, scholarly researchers, prospective students and families, and current students to discuss mulitple topics that focus on HBCUs. This blog will also serve as a place to provide constructive criticism on how to strengthen HBCUs, dispell the myths about HBCUs, and how to continue to create the great memories and life experiences that HBCUs provide.
Friday, October 1, 2010
Choosing Not To Go To An HBCU, WHY?
Mom/Dad, I think I want to go to a Black college! When your child expresses interest about going to a Black college, there sometimes is a lot of support or there is major hesitation. I have a cousin who is looking into what college they want to attend and it really brought to my attention how times have changed from only having the option of going to an HBCU, to now they have a plethora of universities they can choose from. I bring this topic up because studies have shown that African American enrollment has declined at Black colleges. It bothers me as an alumnus from a HBCU, because I refuse to believe that the only reason a black student decides on a non HBCU is because they have more money. What are your thoughts about reasons why students are choosing the other options?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment